• Type
  • Status
  • Timeline
  • Ownership
  • Details
  • Report

What type of project is this?

Choose the appropriate status for this project

What is the timeline for this project?

Are you currently the owner of this property?

Any additional information about the project?

Where should we send the cost report?

We will get back to you shortly.

  • Need
  • Interest
  • Land
  • Zoning
  • Land Type
  • Timeline
  • Requests
  • Report

What is your need for land surveying?

What would you like us to do?

Approximately what is the size of the property you would like surveyed?

What is the land's zoning type?

Is the land located in NYC, Nassuau County, Suffolk County

What is the timeline for this project?

Do you have any special requests?

Where should we send the cost report?

100,100's of propoerty owners have successfully hired our services

Receive a detailed proposal on your project

Flood Mapping & FEMA Certification

If you are near the water where there is a high risk of flood damage to your home, flood insurance is highly recommended to protect your assets.

Elevation surveys determine the elevation of various sections of a building or land.  It is a 4-6 Page certified federal document, taken from survey & elevation data performed on site. It is taken on the outside and inside of the property, along with different floor levels and mechanical equipment. We must obtain access to the structure including crawlspace and other levels. The certificate shows coordinates, elevations, photos, diagrams, info, etc. Typically, these are used in building plans and to determine if a property is in a flood zone.

Please contact our office to retain our elevation survey services that is required to help reduce your flood insurance.


  • The Flood Elevation Certificate is an important tool of the National Flood Insurance Program. It is used to certify building elevations if the building is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area in order to determine the proper flood insurance premium rate for the building or support a request of a Letter of Map Amendment LOMA or Letter of Map Revision based on fill LOMR-F.
  • The elevation information must be submitted on the Elevation Certificate (FEMA Form 81-31) in effect at the time that the Elevation Certificate was completed and signed. Elevation Certificates can only be completed by a licensed land surveyor, engineer, or architect who is licensed by the State to perform such functions.
  • An Elevation Certificate is required by the National Flood Insurance Program to certify the reference level of a building for INSURANCE RATING PURPOSES. Without the data provided by an Elevation Certificate the property can not be properly rated for flood insurance purposes.
    FEMA Flood Elevation Certificate Service



  • Ferrantello Group, P.C. offers an Elevation Certificate Service for NEW YORK homeowners with structures located in Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) designated Flood Hazard Zones. Since FEMA established the National Flood Insurance Program, Ferrantello Group, P.C. has provided Elevation Certificates for countless homeowners along the rivers, tributaries and coastal areas of New York. All surveys are conducted in strict compliance with established FEMA guidelines.
  • If your property is located outside New York, use SurveySearch.net to find a licensed surveyor with experience in your area.
  • Is my home located in Flood Hazard Zone? Flood Hazard Zones are typically found in low-lying or coastal areas. FEMA has determined Base Flood Elevations for most Flood Hazard Zones. The Base Flood Elevation is an elevation above the mean sea level which indicates the predicted water surface elevation resulting from a flood that has a one percent chance of equaling or exceeding that elevation in any given year. You may use the FEMA Map Service Center address search feature to determine if your property is located in a Flood Hazard Zone or simply contact fema at (860) 448-0400 for assistance.
  • Do I need an Elevation Certificate? Anyone may voluntarily purchase flood insurance for their home, but if you have recently purchased or refinanced a home located in a Flood Hazard Zone with a federally guaranteed mortgage, flood insurance is mandatory. When obtaining flood insurance, most providers require an Elevation Certificate prior to issuing a policy. If you’re insurance provider already has an Elevation Certificate on file, it is most likely transferable.
  • What is an Elevation Certificate? FEMA has developed a standardized Elevation Certificate form; that is used to gather elevation data for the purpose of accurately assessing flood risks to structures located in Flood Hazard Zones. An Elevation Certificate must be prepared and certified by a licensed Land Surveyor. An Elevation Certificate contains:
  • Accurate determination of Flood Zone and Base Flood Elevation (BFE)
  • Geographic location of structure (latitude & longitude)
  • Ground elevations adjacent to structure foundation
  • Type of structure and foundation system
  • Elevation of lowest storage level (crawlspace, basement, slab, etc.)
  • Elevation of lowest living area
  • Elevation of mechanical equipment (furnace, hot water heater, etc.)
  • Photographs of the structure
  • How do I obtain an Elevation Certificate? In order to obtain an Elevation Certificate, you or your agent must contact and retain the services of a licensed Land Surveyor authorized by the appropriate state regulatory agency to provided land surveying services in your state. Ferrantello Group, P.C. has professional, licensed Land Surveyors available to provide Elevation Certificates throughout the New York Metro Area.
  • What information will the surveyor need from me? Essentially, the only information the surveyor will need is the address of the property and the name and contact information of the person responsible for executing the service contract and issuing payment.
  • Will the surveyor require access to my house? If your house has a walkout basement, a slab foundation, or an accessible crawlspace foundation, the surveyor will most likely be able to complete the survey without accessing the house.
  • If your house has a full basement, the surveyor will need access to determine the elevation of the basement floor and the square footage of the enclosed area.
  • How long will it take Ferrantello Group, P.C. to prepare my Elevation Certificate? An elevation certificate can usually be provided within one week to ten days. If your situation requires immediate action, we will make every effort to accommodate your schedule.
  • Faulty FEMA maps force homeowners to buy unnecessary insurance. http://www.today.com/news/faulty-fema-maps-force-homeowners-buy-unnecessary-insurance-6C10974730